Nudibranch identification made easy
Nudi Pixel is a web-based identification tool for nudibranchs worldwide using photographs as the first point of identification. It is underpinned by up to date scientific classification.
Why Nudi Pixel?
- User-friendly, as it is designed with non-scientist users in mind.
- Displays many forms of the same species simultaneously by thumbnail images to enable rapid identification at a glance.
- Gives detailed high resolution images of each species with a single click for easily checking of identification.
- Navigates images in several different ways - by species, by genus, by geographic location, by photographer, and by the expert who verified the identification.
- Supported by world well known nudibranch experts worldwide who provide identifications and comments.
- Format allows immediate updates for changes of scientific names.
- Covers some groups commonly mistakenly identified as nudibranchs, such as polyclad flatworms, bottom-living comb jellies, cowries, chitons, egg- and spindle-cowries, velvet snails, polychaete worms, sea cucumbers and even sea anemones.
- Intending authors of nudibranch books or scientists are able to use these images (with acknowledgment of course) as a source for their publications. This gives an opportunity for contributors to have their work published in authoritative field guides alongside photos by some of the best photographers in the world.
In its early age, Nudi Pixel has become one of the resources for many nudibranch experts like Dave Behrens, Neville Coleman, Helmut Debelius and Rudie H. Kuiter to collect nudibranch photographs for their soon to be released books.
Dear Erwin, it was a pleasure for me to learn about NUDI PIXEL during the production of my new IKAN-volume NUDIBRANCHS OF THE WORLD. You provided lots of species which I did not know yet and gave us the connection to the photographers represented by NUDI PIXEL. Thanks again for this service
9 years ago