Nudibranch Capital of the World
- Bali, Indonesia (466 species)
- Anilao, Philippines (413 species)
- Lembeh, Indonesia (378 species)
- Watamu, Kenya (320 species)
- Dauin, Philippines (310 species)
- Malindi, Kenya (228 species)
- Komodo, Indonesia (213 species)
- Raja Ampat, Indonesia (212 species)
- Queensland, Australia (193 species)
- Manado, Indonesia (192 species)
Most Widespread Nudibranch in the World
- Unidentified species (34 countries)
- Phyllidia varicosa (31 countries)
- Pteraeolidia ianthina (31 countries)
- Phyllidia ocellata (30 countries)
- Phyllidiella pustulosa (27 countries)
- Elysia ornata (27 countries)
- Jorunna funebris (26 countries)
- Phidiana indica (26 countries)
- Hexabranchus sanguineus (24 countries)
- Glossodoris cincta (23 countries)
Nudi Pixel Facts
Nudi Pixel hosts a total number of 42,953 photographs which consist of 40,860 nudibranch photos and 2,093 non-nudibranch pictures which include all nudibranch look-alike species such as marine flatworms, ovulids, cowries, shells, etc.
Summing up 1,412 nudibranch species with 220 non-nudibranch species result in total of 1,632 species listed and complimented with photographs. Our board of nudibranch experts have helped us verifying 15,764 nudibranch photos (38% from all Nudi Pixel nudibranch photo collections) and still counting.
The photographs of the nudibranch and sea slug specimens were taken in 580 different nudibranch dive sites spreaded in 99 different countries worldwide.
* Figures above are not real time data, they are updated 47 minutes ago.